The World has suddenly changed in light of Corona Virus COVID19, and everything that seemed to be certain, no longer is.
The Hochkönig ski resort, along with all other ski resorts in Land Salzburg, closed early on 15th March 2020, to try and contain the spread of the Corona Virus.
All tourist accommodation was ordered to be closed by 16th March.
We are now on restrictive measures in Austria. All restaurants bars, cafes are closed, and all shops except supermarkets and essentials. We are only allowed out of the house for the following reasons:
- To go to work
- To go to shop for essentials
- To go and source medical help/ medication
- To go for a walk, do sports, but only on you own or with someone you live with, and you must stay at least 1m away from others.
This has just been extended until at least 13th April 2020. These are tough measures, but this is what is needed in these times. We are therefore currently closed.
News! We reopen on the 29th May 2020 to welcome guests to our beautiful region!
We expect many people may want to get out into the open air after being on “Lockdown” for a long period of time. The Hochkönig area is the perfect place for this, with over 340km of hiking trails, and huge open space, so you can maintain a good distance from other walkers! If you are seaching some peace, solitude, mindfullness, or just wanting to recharge the batteries, this could be ideal for you!
The mountain lifts open on 30th May. The mountain lifts are not busy over the summer period, so you are able to take a gondola up per family / person as required.
See more information about what there is to do here in Summer, and all about Children and familiy activities in the Hochkönig, and don’t forget that we offer the Hochkönig Card – read all about it here!
You can see more about the Hochkönig here
New Cleaning Regime
In light of the Corona Virus outbreak, we have updated our cleaning regime to include the following:
- Sanitise all keys on departure
- Steam cleaning of all soft furnishings, followed by a disinfectant spray
- Bleach solution clean of all hard surfaces
- Sanitise all common contact points daily with disinfectant eg light switches, door handles,
- Plus the normal cleaning regime, that guests score us very highly on!
Adjusted Cancellation Policy
In light of the Corona Virus Outbreak, and the potential uncertainty over whe we will be able to open again, we have adjusted out cancellation policy for the short term:
Other measures in place
As at 28th June, there are still some measures still in place in Austria that you do need to take note of and adhere to:
- There is still the need to remain at least 1m from others not in your household, including us!
- We are not allowed to shake your hand on arrival or departure unfortunately
- There is disinfectant outside the house to disinfect your hands prior to entry – please use this!
- Please ensure you continue to wash your hands regularly, particularly on entry into your apartment
- Please bring a face mask / covering with you if you are planning to use public transport and the mountain lifts.
- The swimming pool is restricted in numbers, so try to go swimming at quieter times
- If you develop covid symptoms before you travel, please do not leave home, but organise a test
- If you develop symptoms whilst here, please let us know and call 1450 to organise a covid test. You should consider leaving as soon as possible if you are able to travel.
Remember that you will always get the best price and offer overall when you book direct with us at Haus Schneeberg, and you are putting more money back into the local economy, and not giving it to the large corporate online travel agents.
We hope this offers some comfort and certainty in these uncertain times, and we ask all of you at the moment to stay at home and stay safe, and hope to see you very soon.
All our best wishes
Jerome and Alison, Haus Schneeberg